View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Out of winterstorage: gauge is not showing spray bars

Okay, i was able to do some tests:

We disconnected the line downstream from the fav, to see if the pump+fav is working.

I pulled the FAV jumper and put it on SYS (in pre crank ignition). You can clearly hear the pump trying to push, but nothing came out.
We did notice that the line was trembeling and the line upstram of the fav was definitely under pressure.

I am driving with the FSD on, i don't use the failsafe setup, because i'm running a non meth tune on 23 PSI and i'm afraid to trigger the failsafe if the unit is off.

driving test:
The gauge itself lights up as expected, showing the blue "S" and the blue "B".
However, i've seen under load while driving that the orange "water level" LED also lights up (not the water injection led, that stays off). It's fully on, not blinking or anything.
The light goes off when my foot is off the throttle again.

To double check we checked the controller itself; when SYS is activated the "95%" led is on and the green ornage "THRES" is on as well. This is when the engine is not running (pre crank). I checked the connections specifically the one for the FAV, it's plugged in just fine. Again, i installed the unit in november and only used it during tuning in december 2017. Since then, i have not touched it (winter tires, snow, rain, etc).

So we think the issue lies with the FAV unit.
I will send you also an email Richard, i hope i'm still in warranty !

Any thoughts are welcome !

Regards,
Jeroen