View Single Post
Old 23-10-2005, 07:34 PM

I'm more than happy to tune a car (Impreza) for a water injection setup PROVIDED I am sure and confident the owner understands the risks involved, I use a System 2C myself run directly off my M800 ecu, recently it stopped working due to the 10 amp fuse going (recommend use 15A btw), luckily I was using full wideband control up to 2.2 bar boost so all that happened was that my Knocklink got very active, fueling corrected itself BUT I was running at 0.82 lambda which is scary lean for an Impreza engine. I had used the WI setup primarly for charge temp control then got bitten and added 50% methanol, suddenly I could run race fuel ign as std !!. It uses Optimax plus NF booster as its std fuel strategy.

Bottom line, if mapped for the WI then fuel has to be reduced due to the water occupying the space normaly occupied by air, that means if the water is NOT working the lean running results. Given the above then ign can be advanced to take advantage of the cooler charge.

The alternative is to have the car mapped without the WI working and then enable it when aggressive use is wanted i.e. Nurbergring, Phil Gardner (Sti 5) had me map his car like this and it behaved faultlessly thro' several years of Ring abuse. yes you lose some power as the afr becomes richer but ... charge is cooler and so the engine is safer.

bob