View Single Post
Old 29-11-2003, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWRX
Tuning from EGT does not work that well once you are injecting water, or alcohol, and are taking advantage of the more agressive ignition advance injection allows because of the higher knock threshold. As ignition is advanced, EGTs will always decrease (without any other tuning changes), because the cylinder combustion process simply has more time to be more complete before the exhaust valve opens. EGT is better used as a reference point for A/F changes, and as a safety monitoring input after everything is tuned.
In my application more advance simply brought on detonation on my scanner AT THE DYNO] WHAT IS INGNITION ADVANCE INJECTION?
Ingition[too much]advance WILL cause an increase in egt's if it it's advanced enough! As will retarded base timing!
EGT's can go up from too much advance as well as to little advance!!
I have heard of guy's advancing the timing too much and blowing up their engines,,,and it ain't cause the egt's went down. YOU CAN DETONATE WITH TOO RICH A MIXTURE ALSO!!!l ALWAYS DECREASE EGT'S WITH MORE ADVANCE IS VERY INCORRECT!
You have not told me why this AFR is the way to go with this new sensor.
So far I do not agree. You can waste a motor at low throttle and boost if the conditions are not corect LIKE LATE OR EARLY TIMING WITH THE INCORRECT FUEL RATIO AND IF SEVERE ENOUGH IT WILL DO IN THE MOTOR INSHORT ORDER
I still feel that the REAL SENSOR IS THE KNOCK SENSOR,,,AS YOU CAN TALK ALL YOU WANT AND DO ALL YOU WANT BUT IF THE FRICKEN THING DETONATES ON A SCANER BEFORE YOU HEAR IT ,,,,THAT IS THE DETERMINING FACTOR.
I DON'T CARE WHAT AFR SENSOR YOU GOT PLACED ANYWHERE,,IF IT DETONATES YOU GOT A PROBLEM.
SATO