View Single Post
Old 20-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I totally agree with you that any system without a failsafe mechanism, it will not be taken seriously. But the majority of Joe Public will go for cheap system, frequent engine failure will eventually give the WI/AL a bad name and the concept will start to fade away.

Before we embarked on the water injection market in the late 80s, we researched the water injection market and only found a handfull of washer pump based system that didn't really work very reliably. Despite that, we decided to go for a quality system, regardless of market trend.

Water injection in those days were being dismissed as a "band-aid" and not a proper tuning tool. Nevertheless we kept going and slowly the confidence returns and market demand grew. Within the last year or two, the low cost systems started to creep back in again. But this time, people have a choice.

The A/I market may following the same fate as the early WI market if "safesafe" mechanism is not incorporated soon.

Delivery of the alcohol need to be improved as well, tracking the MAP sensor voltage to speed up or slowing the injection pump is not a way to provide progressive flow rate, motor RPM doesn't translate into actual flow at all. Don't be fooled by this method when vendors are claiming a progressive system.

I do have a question for you, how does your progressive system work? please share it with us - I have been looking for a way to produce such a sysrtem and hope to discard the expensive highspeed valve altogether - we can be competitive again and offset the terrible "strong pound stirling" against the "weak dollar" at present.