View Single Post
Old 19-08-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

Looked in to it more this evening.

The controller is ok now, i have replaced the molex connector you supplied me, and will change the FAV tomorrow, and post it back, must have been something connector/loom related, all i know now that its now working. Thankyou for your efforts Richard.

Now the wiring, I have looked thoroughly at the wiring and tried out various different things. Firstly the emerald ecu is an earth switched ecu. But on the injector loom there is no constant 12v at pre crank, only a 2 second pulse. So the aquamist system comes on and then goes off.

If i wire the red wire from the grey harness to the ignition coil pack positive, it comes on as it should at pre crank. the only thing is how i can connect the -ve injector wire up, as the injectors seem to be grounded, the aquamist will just think its at 100% duty all the time.

The problem there seems to be is, the ecu is supposedly an earth switched circuit, but one side of the injector loom is earthed, and the other is connected to the ecu, so i cant see how the hell that works i dont know, but the cars been running like that for thousands of miles......

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Caspergti; 19-08-2010 at 09:24 PM.