View Single Post
Old 20-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Default Re: HFS-3 Eaton Charged 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Lets move on...

According to your account of the ECU, it doesn't quite make sense.

Logically speaking, if the injectors are earth switched, the other side of the injector must be connected to a +12V source otherwise it will never energise when it is switched to earth.

Are you sure the highlighted text above is true? I cannot believe you have run thousands fo miles on that setup.

I will try to download the emerald user manual and take a look. Tell me against what the ECU model number is.
This is what is confusing me, i also cant understand how it logically works.

I am finding out exactly how the car is wired up at the moment, i did it with a friend of mine who is very knowldgable with the emerald unit, we did it about 2 years ago now, from what i can remember he wired up the injection circut. The ECU should be wired up as the picture you have posted, It is a K3 ecu unit.

This is what is confusing me, If i do a continuity check between one pin on the injector plug to the block of the car (obviously earthed) then i get continuity, which indicates that that wire is earthed yes? the other side if the injector is connected to the ecu, continuity to one pin on the ecu connector.

The only way i can understand whats going on is that at the off position and pre crank, the injector circuit is earthed mabe for protection, and then upon turning the key to cranking the engine it switches to 12v, This is something im going to confirm tonight.

I will let you know what i find out