View Single Post
Old 30-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Wink Re: Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
OK, I will explain this another way...

Lets say every 100BHP requires 550cc of fuel

1. Your pair of 550cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel up to 100BHP. If you do not require to injector water/methanol before 100BHP, then the summer is unecessasy. Just run off the secindary injector.

2. Your pair of 1600cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel you up to 290BHP. In this case, you do need the summer. I believe at thsi power level, wmi is require to raise your in-cylinder cooling capacity.
Hello Richard and all you rotaryheads ;o)

Quite a while back, I was one of the first to purchase the HFS-6 for my RX7 FD, I bought it with the summer, set to 550 ccm primary/850 ccm secondary by Richard, I allso talked to Richard by phone because he was interested in, how it all worked out on the rotary as he was in the beginning of the WI on rotaries, as time has gone I have still not managed to install my HFS-6 setup, but are very close now ;o) the only thing I am confused about now is the above statement, I am still running stock injectors (550 primary/850 secondary) and will not have to inject water/meth before 100 BHP, so as I understand of the above, I do NOT have to install the summer, but only have to hook the HFS-6 to the secondary injector ? my next question is, I will wire/splice it to my power FC ECU, to get the signal from the secondary injector, I am not totally sure what terminal/number/coulor on the power FC ECU the secondary injector is ? according to Richard (and what I can see) I would have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG (4Z) and the wire coulor should be yellow with a blue stribe, right ? if I WILL have to splice in the summer to see my 550 ccm injectors, according to Richard (and what I can see) I would allso have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG/B (4Y) my car is a 93 eurospec. lefthanddrive car. I am really looking forward to hear from you guys and hope you can help me out with this, thank's in advance !

Rene Barfred
DENMARK