View Single Post
Old 22-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Questioning effectiveness of WI - only 5 celsius less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4XRBJ1
Secondly, I only saw a reduction in intake temperature of about maximum 5 degrees celsius, mostly even less with 2 or 3 degrees celsius. You gotta be kidding if this is all that I could expect, for shelling out 900 bucks ?? I saw 42 degrees minimum on 22 degrees ambient temperature yesterday night, also due to efficient cold air intake and intercooler working well.

Any recommendations what is maybe going wrong? System seems to be installed properly, one injection with 0.7mm noozle on standard pressure right at the end of intercooler, about 15 cm away from the throttle body.

What kind of numbers have others seeing so far in regards to intake temp reduction?

Very disappointing so far,

Andreas
andreas, before you get too discouraged, i have to ask:

where is the IAT sensor on the car?

since you are using the oem ecu and obd2 to measure charge air temps, unless it is "downstream" of your point of injection you will see zero change in IAT.

it is not common to measure IAT post throttlebody. this is generally called CAT (charge air temp) or MAT (manifold air temp) and is really only useful if your ecu is running speed density as its load reference.

ken