View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Hello All and windshield squirter diesel injection

Hey Folks! Nice to meet you all, this is my first time on this forum. I hope to have many conversations with everone, as I know there is trmendous potential in Water/Meth injection.
My very first problem I could you some guidance on is:
I have just poked a hole in my turbo inlet tube on my IDI 92 jetta ecodiesel. I stuck a handmade jet into the hole and plumbed it into the washer pump.
I had previously messed with the injection pump (all mechanical) and have been running about 15 psi boost under full load. When I hit the washer switch, it adds 3-4 psi of boost, and a more than noticeable kick. Of course I was very excited about this easy performance mod.
Then I heard the noise...Sounds like the engine is detonating? I didn't even know this was possible in a diesel? I have also been told on the Megasquirt Fuel Injection Forum that I will probably chew up the compressor blade with the water/meth (windshield washer fluid) spraying right into the turbo like that. Some have suggested that the noise is cominf from the turbo, I really think it is piston slap noise. Once when I turned the injection pump way up, and the car was pulling hard, I thought I had heard this noise. but a clutch failure and the fact that the engine wouldn't idle back down made me turn it back. but for a moment I had almost 30 psi on this little 1.6.

Anyhow, Is the water into the compressor going to chew up the wheel? and is it possible I am hearing detonation? I'll tell you, the fuel economy and extra power is very addictive.

Tony
88 Megasquirt Toyota Pickup