View Single Post
Old 21-08-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
Four cycle engines only intake stroke every other revolution for each cylinder
...and 4-cylinder, 4-stroke engines (inline) have one cylinder in intake stroke every half revolution...the end result is the same: every 2 rpm 2litres of air have been inhaled (assuming 100% VE of course)

But I'd like to believe that the level of discussion here is a bit higher

Quote:
JohnA -- actually its not all that much for two reasons. First your not on full boost for more than just a few seconds at a time unless your making a landspeed record run on the salt flats.
Yeah, but when calculating (roughly ofcourse) the max water flow, we have to assume sustained full throttle.
And Volumetric Efficiency won't be 100% of course, especially at full-power revs.

Quote:
The turbo and the air flow currents and heating through the rotor actually tend to shred and tear the dropplets apart and cause nearly explosive evaporation, very little liquid water exits the rotor.
explosive evaporation ... interesting. Didn't know it even exists! :lol:

It's OK for people with traditional superchargers to say that injecting all this water before the blower is fine. But I had reservations about centrifugal compressors. If the centrifugal forces don't mess up the mist, then that's one less headache.

So such a setup wouldn't be boost-driven like std water injection, would it?
To realise the gains of near iso-thermal compression we'd want to inject water from zero boost, yes?

Do you think that's safe then?
Unfortunately my aquamist setup is not boost-sensitive, it's rather on/off.
:cry:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk