View Single Post
Old 20-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Help Choosing Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
The HFS-3 or 6 would work well for your application. Most STI apps. have twin jets at the exit of the IC. If you are maxing out the stock turbo, then the pre-turbo spray can help extend the efficiency range of the turbo.

There are two schools of pre-turbo injection. 1) Using one of the pre-turbo sprayers we offer which holds the jet so that it sprays right at the center of the turbine to aviod any spray hitting near the edge of the impeller. 2) Spray as far away from the turbo as possible so the mist disperses and a fine fog is going into the turbo. You can look up Rice Racing on this forum and look at his work. He has done some very fine testing of this arrangement.

As far as new models, most of the line is relatively recent developments, I don't expect any system upgrades for 12-24 months.

So I looked into both the HFS 3 and 6 but am having trouble understanding the differences between the two. For someone who will install this on a stock STi and will eventually upgrade all the bolt ons and maybe a few other things(probably wont touch the turbo or switch to FMIC) Would the HFS 3 suffice? What would I be giving up if I choose to go with the 3 rather than the 6?

Also, with my application, would you say that the pre turbo injection is a bit overkill and the best option would be twin jets at the exit of the IC?

Last edited by SIVIirnoff; 20-05-2010 at 07:45 AM.