View Single Post
Old 13-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Default Re: A few questions concerning preTurbo water injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx79 View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Can you explain why spoolup will suffer from pre-turbo injection?

I will try to make some Pictures, but it's hard to see because it's very tight in the engine bay and the main components are behind the front bumper and the power steering pump.

But basicaly, you can think of the Installation like that.
The turbo sits in front of the engine. the compressor intake faces to the driver side. From there a tube goes streight to the left (when you are in front of the car) to the fender.

In the Fender there sits the air filter inside an Aluminium case which has an opening at the front for air intake.

The nozzle is inserted thru a small hole on the side of the airfilter and is fixed after the airfilter. from there to the Turbo it's aprox. 15-20cm to the turbo inlet (streight).

After that the pluming is a normal FMIC Installation, nothing Special.
I meant that water injecting pre turbo should boost earlier than without due to colder/denser air is being sucked by the turbo.

Re the pre-turbo nozzle setup, I am understanding that the nozzle is installed further away from the turbo, is this right? Other pre-turbo setup I saw were injecting directly into compressor wheel

What heat-range and gap size are your plugs? Also what is the engine compression?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t5kv1.jpg (42.0 KB, 7 views)