View Single Post
Old 22-09-2016, 04:58 AM

Default Re: HFS4 install Speed3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC123 View Post
Thanks for your quick response. Since I already have it, I'll go with the single 1.2 jet to avoid possibly having to go larger later.

I apologize in advance for the dumb questions I'm going to ask. There are huge gaps in my knowledge base re modding and automotive in general. To compound matters, I'm a little slow on the uptake. The mods I did were from internet videos and forums. That said, I've a couple more questions.

1. The first wiring diagram for the Speed3 appears to be for the 2nd generation (Gen 2), 2010-13. Is that correct and is that configuration usable for my current mods. (see signature for list of mods)

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, the orientation of the six point cluster where I select x2.5 for DI engines (#8 on pg. 21 of the manual) is different from my actual motherboard and diagram in my manual to your your wiring harness diagram on this forum. This is confusing. Do you have an updated diagram you can post?

3. At the bottom left of page 22 in the manual, does "1 & 2 for one jet." mean that for my single 1.2 jet, I cover pads 1 and 2 with a solder blob? I'd rather ask and look dumb now than after the solder.

2013 Speed3 current mods - Accessport V3, FMIC, HTP 3” intake, 3" SS Downpipe, 3" SS Cat-back Exhaust, XLE BPV, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, , BNR S4 turbo, Cobb 3 port boost control solenoid, Bosch 3 bar TMap Map Sensor with IAT, TIG intake to head, CP-E EGR delete, Swift Spec R performance springs, rear camber arms, CP-E 75 duro driver and passenger mounts, Cobb Rear Motor Mount, Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers, Greddy catch can. Currently running 2 gallons of in-tank meth per fill-up.

Thanks in advance.

B
I believe the x2.5 should be jumpers now and not solder joints. That's how mine is at least

edit: my bad, got confused as to which question involved soldering.

GT3071R | HTP 3" Intake | Magnaflow CBE | Grimmspeed EBCS | Bosch 3 Bar MAP | AP v3

CS HPFP Internals | CS Catted DP | CS RMM | TR8L FMIC w/ JBR Piping

HKS SSQV4 BPV | CS SSP | Swift Springs | DM Stage 3 OCC and PCV Plate | EBC Slotted Rotors w/ Yellowstuff Pads | NGK Iridium -1

Freektuned 350/365 @22psi

Waiting to install.... TR8L Core/Aquamist HFS4/NGK -1 Plugs

Last edited by porterhouse07; 22-09-2016 at 05:00 AM.