Thread: Smart injection
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Smart injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapt. Q View Post
My car has been uprated to 97hp at 6200, Overboost is 1.49bar. It has a very flat torque curve over it's peak at about 3500rpm.

It will be dyno tuned by a tuner who uses methanol and water himself (he had nothing but good things to say about Aquamist, his first question was what I was doing about a failsafe, so that's a good sign ). So I'll be able to post some figures here, before and after, etc.

Primarily at this point I'm interested in controlling my intake temps, as an example today with an ambient temp of 1C my MAT was about 20C very light cruising and then 40C with less than a minute of medium ragging!

I'd like to see what effect addressing this and also leaning out the mixture under boost will have and if anything can be gained while not stressing it much more than it was without injection, it'll be interesting to see what can be done with the timing.

The goal is a full time on boost system at the moment, but in the future depending on the results of this experiment, I'm thinking of rebuilding it with higher compression and better rods, pistons,etc, in order to best use the anti knock properties in a full time system strong enough to allow further developments.

Cheers!
Got some time today to work on your system, jury duty was finished for me yesterday.

1. Building a low flow valve and bench test.
2. Changing Flow sensor turbine profile to suit low flow.
3. Reflash controller for a lower flow table.

All went well considering our system normally flow 5-10 times as much. The rest of the system are ready but had to leave early due to snow storm. So it will have it be next week for shipping.

Anyway. Failsafe is standard with the system. Can you tell me what kind of boost controller is used, mechanical or electronic?

My first target is to lower your temperature rise on load. You may need more water/methanol than we first calculated. The recommended ratio is for less harsh operating condition than yours. Rapid temperature rise as described by our phone conversation indicated you have highly stressed engine.

We shall see how WI performs, will be very interesting. If you have spark blown out problem you can increase methanol concentration.