View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Pump not running, no power signal from controller to pump relay

Hi Richard,
I think I know what the issue is and I've created a load of work for no reason. It came to me last night that it could be the traction control causing the issue when static.
So this morning I disconnected it and wound the left adjuster fully C-CW and with a big blip, I got the amber light and dial working. Wound the adjuster back to 12 o Clock and it worked again. Switched engine off and connected traction control and it wouldn't work, but if adjuster moved fully C-CW again it would go amber.

The traction control works on measuring difference between wheels speeds using ABS sensors then cuts signal to injectors to control a spin. I think it also has a limit on it that if car is static and you rev it, it will cut injectors at about 3.5K.

At least I have a better understanding of the system, as long as it doesn't disappear from my tiny brain the next time I need to problem solve.

Please can you tell me what the THRES adjuster is for ? is this the point at which it injectors fuel in relation to engine speed ?

I feel really stupid that there was nothing wrong but usually I would take it for a drive as it used to be road legal but the more I drive it the more I want to keep it track focused and its not taxed or MOTd and with salt on the roads and a thrashing on the road would attract the wrong attention, blah blah blah.

Anyway we got there in the end and hopefully this post may help others. Thanks again for your helpful and speedy responses.

Regards
Adam