View Single Post
Old 22-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Default Re: WI causing knock?

at this power level, you can use 300-500 ml/min, if you can fully map feeling and ignition.
Richard's rule of thumb of 1.5 ml/min per HP gets you an idea.
If your ignition system copes and you are knock limited and still cannot hit best timing, you can significantly exceed that flow rate.
Just look for some of the recent threads here.

running pure water limits you if you cannot properly retune. Water likes slightly leaner AFRs and more ignition timing. Water/methanol requires less timing change, still a fair bit, but needs feeling reduced to maintain AFRs. Mine likes 11.8 to 12.5 the best on water/methanol 50:50 by weight running 4x 0.4mm C Aquamist jets, direct port, at 8 bar pump pressure.

in the past I tried 13.5:1. While it gave excellent power and reduced fuel consumption on track, coolant temps were slightly higher, albeit not critically high. I did not fully optimised ignition timing with that mix. Could be I was not advancing ignition enough leading to higher coolant temps.

in "Pre Turbo Injection - How Much and When to Inject" fellow PARMAS injects 60% 50:50 mix to fuel in his nonchargecooled turbocharged Honda.

Last edited by rotrex; 22-09-2016 at 12:38 PM.