View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 02:02 AM

another rotor guy here !!,
I agree with most everything said before , I use the Haltech E6K with the sensor in the stock location and it reacts to everything , from idle , stop and go traffic up to 15psi boost (so far he, he ) without any problems . I also think you aren't injecting enough , keep upping the amount till the car begins to complain then back off a bit. You can also safely lean out your ratios to 13: 1 with the wi , but remember the leaner you go the smaller the safety margein there is if something goes wrong !!. I personally don't go any leaner than 12:1 with good results . You can also get more power if you advance your ignition , but I didnt go too far ,mine is somewhere around 13deg , its always safer to be concervative wit a rotery , they still make the power wit less boost !!. Remember timing requirements aren't like on a piston engine , loads of advance isn't necessary , once yoy find the spot (correctly on a dyno) further advance will result in less HP gain and more risk of damage due to detonation .
I built a potential 600-650 bhp motor and , I am uppin to three nozzles !!!, one 0.9 (the clear one ) , one 0.7 (?the black one ) and a 0.5 (? the green one ) , the VE on a rotary is a lot higher than a piston motor so it would require more water .