View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: stuck need help.

My answers in blue...

[quote="ne1awd"]well im at a point where i dont understand.
three questions

1. the fcm has three wires coming off of it 1. ground 2. optional wastegate bypass vale 3. main red rj connector harness to hfs-6.
where does the optional wastegate bypass vale wire go to.
The use of this this cable is optional. This is intended for by-passing car with EBC (electronic Boost controller - OE or third party) or MBC (manual boost controller). But you ned to purchase a MAC valve from howertonengineering.com. It is an altermnative to the brown and white wire. I suggest not using this cable for the time being, leave it as it is.

2. want to hook up a two computer fans to cool the pump off the 40 amp relay. will this blow the fuse.

You can use the fans, they drain very little current.

3. is the 04sti ecu pinout the same for the 04 forester xt both are 32 bit
i think they are the same
This is something I am not certain - Iwilltry to search on the forum for you.

4. next i dont understand what this means and how it is connected in the picture below white and brown wire going to pin 32 on ecu. "cut and splice to drop boost when failsafe is activated"
You cut the wire that controls the boost control valve at the ECU end. Connect the the white wire to the ECU side and the brwon wire to the BCV side. When you use this option, link the "DR ON" on the controller board to avoid CEL.