View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janis
So where are the results :?:

I am curious :!:

I forget to post a well written account of what Jack did during Christmas period:

Here it is:

as promised here are some of my experiences with aquamist. This mail is translated by my little buddy Arno because when I would write this in english, it would take a century and you wouldn''t understand a thing :-)

During our conversation in Birmingham I gave you a couple of Dyno-charts, amongst others I gave you dyno charts of a Volvo T4 and of a Cosworth. I have described our results below.

Volvo T4
Without waterinjection the Volvo T4 was detonating (don't know if this is the right word) at about 180 Hp.
WITH the use of waterinjection, that problem was completely gone. We just used normal water/wiperscreen-fluid.
The power of the engine without waterinjection was 210 Hp, with waterinjection it was increased up to approx 250 Hp, using spray-nozzle 0,5. Nozzel 0,6 and 0,7 seemed to make no difference when we tested them.
The cold weather probably already made the air-flow very cold so i think we almost reached the maximum effect on this car with the use of waterinjection.

Cosworth
At earlier tests at 20degrees outside-temperature we used 20-25% nitro and 80-75% water, you are already familiar with the results of these tests. These results are caused by the weather, the higher the outside temperature is, the better aquamist works.

Last 27 December we had a Dynoday at Biesheuvel, the meaning of this day was to try to beat the results of 2 months ago.
However, due to the low outside-temperature (5-6degrees) this was impossible.
That is why we decided to experiment with the percentage of nitro which we inject.
At 27 december we went up to a mixture of 66% nitro and 34% water to reach the same results as we had 2 months ago.

We also wanted to test the use of 100% pure nitro but the owner of the cosworth was affraid and decided not to.

When the temperature will be a bit higher this summer, we want to test what the effects of different percentages of nitro are at higher outside temperatures.
So you see, I'll keep testing :-)

So far for the Test results of Aqaumist on Engines with a Turbo.

Now for the VW-Golf VR6.
I have installed the Aquamist system on a Golf VR6, which is completely tuned by Schrick. We used the black contact switches which we fitted on to the Inlet valve.
We started with a Spray nozzle of 0,5 but after an hour we switched to 0,6 because the 0,5 was to small.
The used mixture was 50% nitro and 50% water.
We didn't hade the chance yet to take the car for a Dyno, but our feeling tells us that the car reaches his top-power a bit sooner then without nitro.
However I can't yet say what the exact effect is before i had the chance to take it to the Dyno.

Of all the Waterinjection kist we fitted on cars, every customer so far was surprised and they are all very satisfied so far!
The nitro we usually use is Methanol with 16% nitro added to it.

Now for something different, the 5th of March I will go to a new Tuningshop in the Netherlands to give a demonstration of the use of Aquamist. I will be assisted by a Dyno so I can show the people exactly what the effect of Aquamist is.
I would really like it if you could support me this day with some promo material and maybe some mechanical parts which i can use to show the people how it works and to explain all a bit.

Now my last little thing, did you already concidered our offer of the RAM-festival 15/16 may 2005? We would really like your presence on this show, and we are gradually evaluating which people will come so we can look how we are gonna devide the terrain we have at our proposal.

The Netherlands will know the power of waterinjection !!! :-D

Regards,
Jack Veraart

I will post the dyno graphs as given to me by Jack as soon as I borrow a scanner.