View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: 2004 6.0 Liter Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked
I'm running an Edge Juice module, Cold Air intake, 4 inch dual exhaust, no cat, no resonator, disabled EGR and still acheiving nearly 1500 degrees Farenheit EGT.... I am looking for ways to cool the Exhaust stream and have Ruled out Nitrous Oxide. seems like it will Raise Cyl Pressures too much. What are the benefits and draw backs to H20 injection? Will it suit my needs and will it bring my EGT's back down to a reasonable level? Any Help you can offer is appreciated.....

Mr. Reese
Anchorage Ak.

Your engine will benifit greatly with water injection, you don't even have to increase boost, just a mild percentage of methanol, the exact percentage will have to be by experiment. Your high EGT is very useful in vaporising the water and add substantial torque numbers on the current output.

With diesel engine, the ratio of methanol and water is quite critical - too much methanol will cause pre-ignition. Water on the other hand will extend combustion duration.

The percentage of water to fuel ratio can be as high as 300%! I think your engine can take as much as 2 litre of water per minute or five to six 1 mm nozzles. Your expected power gain will be at least in the 25% region.

You will require to use something simliar to a shurflo pump for water delivery. We do supply such systems but I am sure you will be able to rig up something yourself if you only want to use it for drag racing purpose - on/off system is fine.