View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015, 09:11 PM

Default Re: JET PLACEMENT FOR AIR FLOW (POST-MAF)

just go direct port. works really well. I have recently upgraded to 0.4mm c nozzles with a nominal flow rate of 150 cc / min.
To get the most spray into the cylinder, I mounted them on the top side of my plenum right behind the fuel injectors.
Make sure the spray does not have to take any turns. Mount them in a straight section leading straight to the cylinder head and have them spray from the top down (for a upright mounted motor) This way most of the spray will end up flowing over the rear half of the intake valves into the main "volume" of the cylinder. It will spread nicely and swirl around.
if you mount them on the bottom, most of the spray will flow over the first half of the intake valve into the frontal section of the cylinder. Most water will end up in the frontal section of the cylinder and collide with the cylinder wall.
This picture gives you an idea of what I mean.

When I had a look at my cylinder head and pistons during a rebuild I was able to see where stress of water were flowing over the front part of the piston. This was wen I had my nozzles installed on top of a 180? curved intake plenum. The centrifugal forces were throwing the droplets against the plenum runner walls leading to streams of water on the bottom of the intake.