View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoRex
If you could try injecting both prior to compressor & before throttle, that would be very insteresting.

I believe that can bring you some performence gain & also more aggressive throttle response.
I have done some measuring using a k-type thermo couple and high accuracy fluke multimeter with a record function and measuring temps on the alloy part of the y-pipe underneath the intercooler i got as follows:
With injecting water post-compressor ( injecting before TB 0.9mm jet) and normally driving the temp sat on 46.4'C AVG (thats with a few full boost squirts, stop at traffic lights ect) then to start things i went WOT 4th gear till 6500rpm then to 5th for a short while i got a measurement of 94.1'C max value then injecting pre-compressor with 0.7mm jet again going WOT in 4th till 6500rpm the temp went to 70.1'C max value which is a good drop from the previous run but i really want no more than 55'C to negate the use of the intercooler.
The turbo also dropped right out of boost and was slow to regain full 18psi too when changing to 5th and going WOT again injecting pre compressor :? ...

I may try the 0.9 jet pre turbo and see the temp results, i could try runing both jets at the same time(0.7 pre-compressor jet & 0.9 pre-TB jet) but i dont think the Aquamist pump will have enough flow...

:Turbo is VF24 with P20 turbine housing still.
:Avg Ambient temp for the time of day during testing was 23'C
:Another fact i noticed when i stopped to refuel and got going the y-pipe temp was in the mid 50's and took at least 8-10mins of 100kmph driving to get back down to the 46'C AVG..