View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:47 PM

Default Re: The usual noob questions

Thanks... so I got a few different sizes but I'm going to try out a single 1mm (500cc) to start out with right after the intercooler.
I didn't mention it but I'm going to be running 50/50

I plan on adding a throttle body adapter and injecting there once one is released for this car.. or just doing direct port injection in the future.

I'm curious why you say I will lose power without tuning for W/M?
I've read in other places, that you will usually gain a LITTLE bit of power from W/M if you already have say a Stage 1/Stage 2 tune... but you wont see the FULL power benefits unless you tune specifically for it.

My concerns come mostly for safety/reliability reasons.. as this is a daily driver.
I don't want to tune for higher octane / advanced timing because I've also read that's the number one way bad things can happen, if the water/meth system fails mid-delivery the engine will run super lean and detonation can occur. I understand the HFS-4 is pretty advanced and has failsafes, as does the car's ECU adjust for lean conditions, but that's still a high concern of mine.. I want to err on the side of caution... so I was planning on NOT tuning for W/M and just leaving it with my current tune and being happy with whatever little power gains I do (or don't?) get.

Not trying to argue or anything by any means, just trying to understand the reason behind it. My car is tuned already with a conservative custom tune for my big turbo, essentially a "stage 2+" tune.. tuner told me I should see a little bit of power gain with the w/m setup but I would have to tune for it to see the full effects.

Feel free to correct me on any of that or educate me as I'm just learning all this stuff, but trying to stay on the safer side

Last edited by Azothy; 05-02-2017 at 11:52 PM.