Thread: Don't get it!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:24 AM

^ - What he said. I know that the paper that I wrote focuses a lot and maybe too much on forced induction applications (it is where supplemental injection is desperately needed given how fuel rich some systems are being forced to run). However, I was using on high compression engines well before I succumbed to the easy power of forced induction. The in-cylinder necessity and effects of water injection are almost identical for a forced induction or high compression normally aspirated application.

As hotrod was saying the key to whether or not water injection will benefit you is whether or not your tune or performance is being limited by detonation. If you are having to run overly rich fuel mixtures or overly retarded timing advance you would likely benefit from the technology.

If you want a hybrid fueled system - you don't have to be detonation limited to use an alcohol or propane injection system.

In either case you would want a way to control your gasoline fueling to adapt it to any supplemental injection you consider.