View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011, 08:44 AM

Default Problem with injection

I recently (about 2 months) had an HFS-6 system+HE tank installed in my 05 STi, however, last week the systems failsafe began to activate. I did some research here and figured it was a clogged jet and/or restrict, so I disconnected the jet and tested the system and it appeared to be working fine, the jet had a constant spray and when I checked the gauge it was showing full flow. I reinstalled the jet and went out for a test drive, but once again, the failsafe activated. I then assumed that The restrictor was clogged, so I disconnected the inlet on the FCM and checked the restrictor, but I didn't find any sort of blockage. I proceeded to reinstall the restrictor and then retest the system, spray from the jet was present, but when I looked at the gauge, it was only showing 4 to 5 bars of flow. I reinstalled everything and went for a test drive, but once again the failsafe was tripped. I then manually retested the system again but this time the gauge only showed 1 to 2 bars. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do? Is there any way that there could be a blockage inside the FCM?
I haven't changed any settings whatsoever, and up until about a week ago, the system was working fine.
Any help is greatly appreciated.