View Single Post
Old 16-06-2004, 03:44 AM

Hey guys, I'd like to sharre some info on my homemade WI kit....Very simple but effective.

Quick rundown-

Car = 89 Ford Mustang
Engine = low compression 306ci w/ a Vortech Strim @14 psi (non-innercooled)

I am using this temp meter :

Omega HH12

Here's the WI kit rundown-

-Hobbs switch
-Alum tank
-NOS solonoid/and paper fuel filter
-NOS Nozzle
-Various braided/teflon line, and fittings ect...

-Install:

Mounted Hobbs switch on the front of the intake manifold. Then ran the vacum signal from the Hobbs switch to the top of the Aluminum tank. Ran a line out of the bottom of the tank to the filter and then to the NOS solonoid. I wired the NOS solonoid to the Hobbs switch, and then mounted the Nozzle just before the Supercharger inlet. Very basic.

By using a vacum pump, i set the Hobbs switch to 5psi. As the Hobbs switch 'sees' 5psi the NOS solonoid opens and forces water into the blower inlet, in a linear curve. it forces in the amount of boost the manifold is seeing. so the more boost, the more water...

Datalogging: (Phx, AZ, USA: 105 degrees outside temp)

Using the Omega dual channel temp meter, i installed T1 right at the inlet of the blower and right by the water injection point. I installed T2 right at the throttle body tubing. 1st time out i had a small NOS .034 jet installed. At idle, there was a constant 35 degree difference,

T1 130
T2 165

After driving the car a bit to warm it up to temp, same thing just warmer,

T1 165
T2 190

Now for boost, I DID NOT log T1 and T2 as i was only concerned with intake temps (T2), with 14psi and 91 octane...

I made 5 verifying runs per test, just to get more info...

Under 14 psi, i saw between 243-251 degrees, respectivley. NO WATER

With the water turned on, (.034 jet) i saw temp drops in the 20 degree range. About 230-234, respectivley. Not too bad, but come on....LOL

A trip to the local parts store got me some more jets..Next up was a .044 and boy did it work..Again 5 runs with no water @ 14psi, and all were around 250 degrees...Flipped the water on, and made 5 passes to back it up....All 5 water runs were in the 180 degree range ! Thats a drop of 70 degrees.

Sweet!

I only logged 1 time and that was last weekend. I plan on a lot more tuning....Running 14psi with no cooling and crappy 91 octane is always fun...LOL

I have not taken the car to the Dyno or track, (with the water)but i will soon. My best time at the track is a 10.98 @ 128. I drive it about 2-3 times a week, and have been for over a year...

Thanks,
Miles