View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Default Controling individual cylinder WI with PWM

I am planning a WI build on a ITB 4 cylinder with each inlet manifold runner having it's own jet. I like the aquamist system as they allow for PWM control of the nozzles, however I'm a little confused on the delivery method and can't seem to find the information anywhere.

What I would ultimately like to achieve is to run fully sequential fuel and water, although from the looks of things, I will have to run semi-sequential water injection.....but even the best approach to doing this eludes me.

From what I gather, water goes from the tank to the pump, followed by the WFS and FAV. In my case, there would be a 4 way manifold after the FAV and from the manifold to each cylinder. From my understanding, the FAV receives a signal pulse which activates and squirts all four nozzles at the same time? Is this correct? I find it a little peculiar if each intake port is receiving water spray every 90 degrees of crankshaft rotation.

I plan on not using the controller and relying on a third party engine management system with it's own water delivery table.

So I guess my question is this: to run semi-sequential would I need two FAVs and two manifolds; and four FAVs and four manifolds to run full sequential? Please forgive me if I've mad a stupid slip up and missed something bleedingly obvious.

Cheers