View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Going with the HFS-3

HFS-3 Install #2

I mounted the pump and tank hardware yesterday. The install worked out well!

Photo below shows the windshield washer reservior with the two float switches installed on the side of the tank facing the engine compartment. The float switch on the upper-right is the secondary switch that I installed to illuminate the LED in my gauge cluster when the tank is about half empty. The switch on the lower left is the for the failsafe function (reduce boost to wastegate) when the level falls to that point.

The photo below shows the outlet tapping from the tank to the pump. This was installed in the lowest part of the tank, facing the front of the car. There was no room on the back of the tank, between the tank and the fender liner to install the fitting there.

Photo below shows the pump bracket installed. This is a simple L-bracket from Home Depot (decking hardware) that I drilled and painted black.

This photo show everything installed. The pump is at the same level as the bottom of the tank to avoid any priming issues. The outlet line from the pump to the FAV was run through a piece of 1/4" gas hose to protect it. The custom light bar (made of 1-inch square stock) was perfect for running the line to the other side of the car where the FAV will be located. I also covered the line from the tank to the pump after this photo was taken to protect it.

The location where the pump is installed is resonably dry, but since the pump must be well-protected from water splashes/drippage, I took a Dremel tool to a plastic food storage container and made a splash shield for the pump. I also sealed off the small, decorative grille on the side of the bumper cover to prevent any water coming in through that.

Next step is to install FAV, remove TMIC to install jet hardware and run all electrical lines into the passenger compartment.

Last edited by Canonshooter; 09-05-2010 at 02:06 PM.