View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Out of winterstorage: gauge is not showing spray bars

What kind of materials are used in flex fuel pumps ? Obviously they can pump E85, which is alcohol with carbonhydro compounds. Surely they have some form of seal in it and that rubber doesn't have the issue you're facing ?

The same is true for (port) injectors, handling E85.

FWIW: I'm not trying to be a smart ass, i'm genuinely trying to solve a problem and do not appreciate the derogatory comment. I luckily was able to help the BMW 335i community as well researching usage of E85 in the N54 engine back in 2011. By luck i was able to talk to the original lead engineer at VDO/Siemens who developed the fuel system for the engine. We discussed the HPFP and injectors in particular, as he was afraid there is a compound in the injector that may not like a high concentration of alcohol for a longer period (kind of the opposite of your problem i reckon). Technnology is forever changing, certainly in these new compounds and changing markets, due to the introduction of bio diesel / E85. If your research is prior 2006, i can imagine that some of these compounds were not yet available.

Kind regards,
Jeroen