View Single Post
Old 19-06-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAOD
FWIW, I used to run 40* total with the ditributor locked on my last Strim stang. 19psi and good gas with water...Lasted about 2 years of beating the piss out of it.... LOL But i did put holes in several pistons....LOL

Thanks again,

....Looks like i want the Pump at the bottom of the page, its the only one listed as 150psi....Sucks too because i paid $90 for this 45psi, and that other high pressure one is $132! Damn....The other place has their own for $80? Is this place legit? LOL
40* total advance on 19 psi?! You, my friend, have some big, brass balls!
DSMs run in the neighborhood of 19*-24* total advance at WOT with no knock retard. And even then without a good tune they can detonate at times.

As for the pump, I personally haven't ordered a 150 psi pump yet so I can't give you any first-hand experience, but a friend of mine just got his in from Coolingmist and it all checks out fine. He had no problems with them at all. As for the 150 psi pump from Spraying Equipment Supply, I think it's a little bit different in design and a local RV dealership that does a lot of business with Shurflo didn't come up with any price or availability with that part number so I'd be a bit hesitant to order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAOD
5.0s and turbos fit so well under the hood of Fox-bodies! I love how spartan the engine bay is. Very nicely done!