View Single Post
Old 29-12-2010, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
Thanks Henri,

Yes I not only believe so but unlike most I suppose I have proved it over the last 15 years of consistently using water injection on all kinds of rotaries (and lesser internal combustion principles!).

(This all has to be given some context)

I make the same power (with proven durability) ~500bhp
Than what Racing Beat made with factory bespoke 7.5:1 compression bridge ported, ICE water intercooled, twin turbocharged, open exhaust racing engines, on racing gasoline. (which set 244mph speed records in 1986, 238mph two way average).

There is no magic sauce in mechanical engineering (but WI comes close!), you make power by volumetric flow rates, mechanical and thermal efficiency. I run the std 9.0:1 compression ratio found in the 13B-REW, stock standard porting for intake and exhaust, and a small conventional type air to air intercooler (original SP rx7 item).

Water Injection is the only major secret?/magic? ingredient and a fine degree of tuning. Which allows what was only achievable on factory racing engines a few short years ago to now on stock standard parts, and a totally legal emissions engine........ unbelievable.

I class one of my biggest achievements is educating students and general public type people on the proven merits of Water Injection, and the power it can unleash while at the same time enhancing durability of your engine. If anyone needs any help feel free to read my thread or don't hesitate to ask Richard or other very experienced people who contribute here on how to get the same results we have all enjoyed over the years.
Great Stuff! Any vids of your car hitting the limiter in 5th then?