View Single Post
Old 13-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Hi new to this forum, but a query for Richard.

I see mention of Shurflo pumps, and of course your own Aquamist pump here.

I have fitted one Snow kit to a friends Subaru, and from what I gather it runs much higher pressure ( up to 200psi ) and appears to have much greater flow ability than the aquamist pump. I think the Shurflo is capable of flowing more than 1000cc/min, which I think they claim is a good number to start with for an engine making in excess of about 500bhp ??

In a large capacity engine, or a high powered one, where you intend using 100% meth, can a normal aquamist pump compare with a shurflo for flow ?

I ask, as I already have an aquamist setup on my engine ( supercharged 5.7 LS1 ), currently with 2 x 0.5mm jets, and I am running quite a high concentration of meth. Dont know exact quantity though, as when not racing, i would dilute with water again to a degree.. Pump is quite old, but so far seems to be working.
Any flow data Ive seen for the pump, seem to suggest its only capable of around 400cc/min or so ??

I was intending to upgrade to a Snow kit, but if I could get the same results with a single aquamist pump, it would make things a lot easier for me, rather than having to fit a completely new system.