View Single Post
Old 30-11-2003, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Hi all,
the trouble with knock detection is if your engine hasnt got a system on it, like mine hasn't, then i think its very difficult to detect as the after-market systems Ive heard of are a compromise, so im led to beleive. I did hear of a chap who recommended making a tube with a horn type of arangement on the top and bolting that to the cylinder head to amplify any noises, but thats a bit impractical in my mind,
Phil

I don't know if you're interested or not but J&S Electronics makes a very good stand alone knock retard system. I had used one for a race computer that did not use a knock sensor at all. It will pull timing on all cylinders at once or individually. You can program it to pull timing at different rates at the sign of knock. It also has a guage that will tell you if knock is detected and how much timing is being pulled and from what cylinder. Since it's stand alone it can be used on any car with or without computers. It costs about 450 dollars or so. I have heard of them on Ebay for 200.
Sato