View Single Post
Old 17-06-2012, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Ok so the next stage I took was the removal of the Aquamist system and I added twin injectors to the Devils system, 600cc pre turbo, 400cc post turbo (D04/D05)

I relocated the pre turbo injector to the end of the air filter, this we know is not ideal, I hope to change this soon.

Water injection supply lines were rerouted away from heat source.

Post turbo injector 400cc (D04)

Devils progressive controller pic to be added.

Pre turbo injection position to be added.#

Datalog..
http://www.screencast.com/users/mono...0-ab44e89ddcc0

Ambient temps were back up to 22c and this is the first daytime datalog after my one last night was lost due to incompetence lol

I used a 38/62 ethanol/water mixture and I was surprised that if anything temperatures were higher than the previous run...yes ambient temps were 4c higher than the previous test but I saw almost 70c at one point at the very top of the RPM range at circa 130mph?...in general temps were around the 50c mark on boost.

I thought a total of 250cc extra liquid was injected on this run but I had incorrect advice as to the flow rates of the injectors

I planned to inject a mixture of 78% alcohol* rather than the 38% we had in the last run to test this theory.

The temp did not drop and after a close look at the injector flow rates

and it seems I am simply not injecting much more liquid than my previous tests...only 750cc per min total, another injector is planned for the next test to bring injected amount closer to 1150cc per min

*due to a lack of ethanol I am using a small amount of isopropanol in the ethanol/water mix to bump up the alcohol content.

Last edited by T.F.S.; 25-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.