View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 05:07 PM

Richard, 95sprtcpedrvr and Janis,
Thank you all for your help. I think all in all the question of choice between EBCs and MBCs is a very personal one. My personal experience in tuning cars over the last six years has lead me to believe that boost from an MBC is more stable. That said, I am no professional, I have used only a very small percentage of the products available and I am a firm believer of the adage that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, which means I don't experiment much.

That said, I have an EBC in my twin turbo and like the cool lights display and manual override switch. I just find that at high boost settings it tends to stabilize far to slowly, whereas my MBC in my 1990 VR-4 gains boost fast and is rock solid stable.

I think EBCs have limitations but perhaps the e-boost with additional electronic processing power fixes that and it's ability to integrate with water injection etc is very attractive. The companies dual stage boost controllers are also very interesting. I do really appreciate the information 95sprtcpedrvr !!!

Richard, I really appreciate your input, but you have to accept that when it comes to electronics, I am an idiot. First of all i am not sure where to find this solenoid valve (especially here in Hong Kong !!!) although I will be in the UK in July if you have any idea where I can get one there. Secondly, it seems this solenoid vents the 'difference' in pressures we can run with or without water injection. This could be a problem on a dual stage system as it might not vent sufficient boost on the higher setting to bring us into our safe operating zone. Have I got this all wrong? could it be set up to reduce boost pressure to a specific boost level like 0.9 bar (or whatever the engine can safely handle) irrespective of the original boost level.

More importantly Richard, if I needed one, could you make it for me (I'll pay you !!!)

Paul.