View Single Post
Old 13-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Running Pure Meth - Use UEGO as failsafe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
Making WI over complicated is doing it a dis service at the end of the day. I guess if people insist on using coffee machine and boat bilge pimps in their kits and microscopic water injectors then maybe its a path to failure.

This. I was actually thinking about this the other day. Are the newer jets really better, is progressive better than on/off or is the newer load based really that much better than either, 250 vs 150psi pump. I just keep reminding myself, people made much more power than I'm planning to make with the old system. BUT I believe that the newer systems help, by how much I don't know.

Re mixture, at first I was thinking bout running pure H2o, mainly because Richard L (who to me, seems to be one of the more knowledgeable people re w/m) preaches it. But like he also said 50/50 is easiest, pure h2o could possibly make the most power but requires high ignition power, which my engine lacks. Pure meth is also still a viable option, people make good power with pure meth and you don't have to mix it anymore (I know easy, but still an additional step).

End of the day, I'll use whatever give me the most power with the least problems, if any.

Anyways, back to topic.

Do you use any failsafe/monitoring system? Or is the basic low-level switch enough?

And thanks for tip regarding the new style jets, I was actually thinking of getting one.