View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 AM

Richard, I have yet to test the voltage range. The ECU has been reprogramed and I confirmed with Courtenay Sport that the engine does run richer at the top end - but not overly so.

Today I re-disconnected the WI as the higher revs felt very flat and lifeless. I'll leave it off until will have a chance to play with it again.

I'm just trying to work out if it is better to put the jet before or after the air inlet temp sensor. If it is after, the inlet temp would be cooler than the sensor thinks. Would this not also lean off the mixture? Could be worth a try. Also, I heard WI kills these sensors, so could be worth doing just to save damaging it (about ?70 a throw).

It makes sense that fooling the ECU into thinking there is less air flow would reduce fuel and advance ignition - although I will try to confirm the latter.

Anyone know what a target lambda should be at the top end when running WI? Courtenay aim for around 0.78, but this is running rich. The WI will take the place of the extra fuel, so what should we aim for? 0.8?