View Single Post
Old 14-09-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Inlet tract Simulator

I found this link to a simulator from JohnA's web site, it has some features that simulate water injection before the TC or IC and after the IC.

I thought it would be interesting if i used the data i had from a RR to see the effects of WI. I entered the variables to the best of my ability, the models behavour is quite realistic. RR 230 bhp / 222 lbft @ 5371 on a cold March morning. I can only guess at VE.

The link below has all the data saved to it, which means you can see what i mean when you change the WI settings:

[admin - have to make the link's font smaller to enable the page wrap to function]

http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/glo...orDutyCycle=85

Is interesting to note that a the model show that injecting 400cc before the TC, which is about 3.5% of the air liquid ratio, shows that the IC now only cools the charge by 1 C. The IC is at the threshold of becoming an Inter heater.

Injecting 320 cc, which is about 2.9% of the air liquid ratio, (and the limit of the pump with 1 injector) shows the IC still being useful cooling from 31 C to 19 C.

Probably shouldnt read to much in to this, but it would indicate that to inject at the manifold, a seperate pump would be desirable, in which case will the FIA 2 run two pumps and HSV's ? I remember that the MF2 can !

Your views....