View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:47 AM

Hello Richard and thank you for the input.
I did not allow for boost back pressure ? my bad. At this stage I have two paths to go, it is a twin stage pump system to generate 250-280PSI or to have twin stage nozzle set up when second nozzle valve controlled and opened when first nozzle is maxed out.
Both ideas need to be tested for suitability and no so great.

On the other hand I plan to have accurate knock detection and water will be delivered and volume of water accurately calibrated JUST to suppress the detonation. Based on that I guess that my requirements for water flow range will be significantly reduced due to the fact that amount of water needed to be injected not proportional to RPM at given load.

I have come across a person in Canada who tested SS fuel injectors for 6 months in a solution of 50/50 water/meth. Both, fuel pump and fuel injectors have survive the test and in a good shape. This is something to test and consider as well.

I also was considering HSV you sell and constant water pressure. But I would prefer analogue water delivery to pulsed spray as I plan to inject water 50sm away from engine head and you may not get homogenised mix of water droplets and air.

I guess that truly Ideal set up would be to have 4 nozzles (one for each port) and each nozzle controlled by HSV and constant water pressure. Basically we have to copy fuel injection system. Than we can vary HSV duty cycle to deliver necessary amount of water. This set up will also allow you to deliver water to cylinders as needed due to the fact that not all cylinder knock when engine under the load. Some are more stable and need a lot less water added. This set up will use a lot less water as it will not waste any.
The problem here is the cost of HSV as you would need 4 of them.

Looks like I get carried away a bit. Sorry for the long post
:smile: