View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Default Re: HFS4 v3.1 installation in2006 335i N54 touring (trunk mount Aquamist tank)

So i went meet with PureBoost in Germany to have the car tuned at CDT Performance. They use a Dyno Development dyno. I had my winter tires on so we strapped it down extra tight. We tune for RON98.

We first checked the "Off The Shelf" map from MHD. On this dyno it gave 341 wHP. We then tuned the car for the Pure Stage 2 turbo's and got around 411 wHP.

At this moment, i wanted to know what it would do if we just switched on Aquamist. I had only follow the setup instructions, as explained above, making sure it would spray well on the windshield and then installed the nozzles on the intercooler cold-side elbow. No further tuning was done. I filled the tank with 50/50 mix of water/methanol.

We saw an immediate increase of 30 wHP over the whole spectrum.

We then tuned the car further, keeping boost between 26 (peak from 3500 - 5000) and 20 PSI (5000 - 7000). We got it up to 475 wHP.

We will dyno the car again on another dyno (Land and Sea Axle Hub), so we can compare these numbers.

I'm pretty happy with the results, although the numbers are all lower than anticipated. I am happy with the gains, certainly with the number seen from just spraying water/meth on an existing map. Wow !

Richard,
one question: My setup it with using the N20 TMAP sensor 3.5 bar, so i have the Aquamist set to factory defaults for the TMAP sensor. My current map (which is made for RON98 without the methanol) uses 25 PSI down to 20 PSI. Fabian mentioned that i must disable the failsafe, using the little jumper on the controller, because otherwise i would go into limp mode, because the boost is too high. Is this correct ? Our "meth" mapping uses 26 PSI down to 23 PSI with advanced timing.

Last edited by dubversion; 10-12-2017 at 04:56 PM.