View Single Post
Old 24-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am not sure how good this tank is regarding sloshing when the tank is half full. I believe it can hold just under 4 quarts (~4000cc). Most of you with the HFS-xx would use two jets consumes about 800cc/min. This tank will allow 5 minutes of full injection. M50:W50 lasts a bit longer, providing you can use every drop of the liquid. In practice, It will be good for 3 minutes.

I will ask jeff (Howerton), whom has used this tank before to post here to make some constructive comments.

I think you should be looking for a larger tank if you are doing a great deal of full throttle pulls. US plastics has a large range of tanks at a very reasonable price.

One of our dealer - howertonengineering.com keeps a very good range of flambleau tanks. They also have stock of brackets that will hold the tank and pump in one neat location - 4-quart tank. but available in 5 & 6 quiart also:

The shape of the tank helps to prevent water surging. More pictures at different angles.

It is possible to double the capacity by bolting another tank back to back of the first one.

The cross bar is designed for BMW mini installation. Only takes les than 5 minutes to installer. Jeff (Howerton) is very clever at fabricating work as shown below (without top lip):

With top lip and texture coated.