View Single Post
Old 16-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Unhappy Re: how to disassembly the FAV in HFS-3 to clean it up?

Richard, unfortunately soaking in methanol did not help at all and I disassembled the FAV.
Actually I can't agree with statement that FAV cannot be opened up - its body is just glued up with loctite (or similar glue).

After FAV was disassembled I have discovered that for some reason the internal part of valve can't move at all.
So if the bolt on the rear side of FAV is not fully tightened - FAV operates without any issues!

With fully tightened bolt the internal part has no free space to move even if I remove the valve's spring.
What I will do next is loosen a bit (1+1/2 turns) the read bolt and put it on the loctite - should work fine, but not sure is loctite will handle operations with methanol...

I will attach some pictures of my FAV assembly - maybe you could tell me what was wrong with it.
The worst thing for me is that FAV was working fine before and I have no understanding of what could cause problems
(seems like the port in FAV, that is to be closed by valve's internal part was moved a bit).