View Single Post
Old 15-07-2004, 04:59 PM

Default WI for TD applications

Being in this land of sweltering heat, I am constantly thinking of ways to end my overheating woes in my work truck. M1114A1 (Uparmor Hummer) This thing has an arcaic turbo design, running a single snail off both exhaust manifolds. Placing the turbo between the #7/8 pistons just behind the throttle body. I have already added electric cooling fans to the back side of the radiator, but it's not enough. I am currently running in the neighborhood of 240deg, which is the max my needle will go. Sometimes I have it pegged. Most say to just slow down, that our trucks were never ment to go over 70mph. But those are the same people that have never patched up holes in their buddies from roadside bombs. The faster we go, the safer we are. Now... my question.

What cooling effects will I achieve with a water injection system on my truck. I currently have a 8gal ice-chest in place of the rear right seat. So I have no problem with an ample supply of ice water. (just run a waterline off the dran valve of the cooler) I am nearly unlimited to the mods I can make on my truck. My commander (whom I drive) likes the speed and wants to get more out of our trucks.

Will water injection help with engine/exhaust temps as the only mod?