View Single Post
Old 19-07-2004, 02:28 AM

Default Thanks -- got it

Thanks Pat that link worked for me here at work, but couldn't down load at home.

By the way looks like the turbo is buried all the way at the back of the engine (1-17)

Relevent pages seem to be:

TM 9-2320-387-10
1-16
1-17
2-11
2-56
2-111
3-4
3-26

Rich I'd be inclined, if I was in your positon, to try the heater clutch overide (3-26), and the general PM checks on 2-56, 3-4 and advisories on 2-111.

If that didn't get the job done two ideas come to mind.

1. Looks like a water spray on top of radiator /oil cooler (1-17) would be a no brainer --- one possible problem would be mud build up due to wet radiator surface and heavy dust.

2. I'd try to find some small copper or steel tubing and wrap about 10 wraps around the lower coolant pipe (2-11 / 1-17) and run water through the tubing. It should flash to steam when the engine was hot. You could either duct the hot water to a catch tank where it could cool or simply blow if off. The best part about this approach is it does not penetrate the actual cooling system and if you take a ballistic hit of the coiled line or its feed or catch can discharge, it will have no effect on the engine cooling system.

At least that is what comes to mind for this old GI.

Larry