View Single Post
Old 20-07-2004, 10:33 PM

Ok then. You are in an enviable position...R&D for the Army (or for the Army's contractors) I wonder if you come across a good idea that AM General decides to use, will they compensate?

Two thoughts. One you've already mentioned, but I think would actually be a really good idea. WRX-style hoodscoop and potentially an undercarriage cowl. I'd say that if you could direct the incoming air in such a way that they are pointed towards the turbo itself, that you'd see quite a lot of benefit. I'd imagine that the heat radiating from the turbo, as well as the tract that the charge air is travelling are probably heating up everything in the engine bay.

Second thought would be a little less practical for your situation. Any potential in installing a slightly larger, more efficient turbo? I'd imagine that, if you do it correctly, you could query some patriotic turbocharger vendors in the states and have them ship you one or two. Then, if your manifold requires modification, it sounds as though the AMG facility might be able to fashion you one.