View Single Post
Old 21-04-2010, 02:07 PM

Default Going with the HFS-3

My first post in this forum. I will be purchasing the HFS-3 system from Howerton Engineering and like all of my other mods, I will be doing the install myself. The car will then be re-tuned by EFI Logics.

Full info on my '07 FXT can be found here.

To avoid having to mix my own brew, I will be using AutoZone windshield washer fluid that is 32% meth/68% water. It sells for under $2 a gallon and contains no other ingredients other than blue coloring.

My goal with WI is (1) to lower the current IDC of 98%; (2) lean out the current A/F ratio of 11.1:1 and (3) harvest any additional HP/torque to be had with a conservative tune. My FXT (with 4EAT automatic transmission) currently puts down 261 WHP - 310 ft./lbs. on a Mustang dyno.

I settled on using the HFS-3 because of its use of IDC to control flow and its use of a constant speed pump/FAV. I also very much appreciate the support offered by this forum and from Jeff at Howerton Engineering. I think this system will work perfectly for my goals.

I'm still sorting out what I will be doing for a WI tank. If I cannot find a suitable location to mount the pump at the same level of (or below) the windshield washer reservoir, I will use the small 2-quart tank under the hood and set up a means to transfer fluid from the washer reservior to the WI tank. Since I have no trunk, I wish to avoid placing the pump and tank inside the car.

I hope to start this project within the next few weeks and will post photos of my progress.