Thread: STI project car
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aqua/Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM
Quote:
Phil and I have just managed to successfully completed the Aquamist/Hydra link, it is now communicating - Phil will now move onto the next stage.
Richard would you please comment on the wiring between the Hydra and Aqua? I am proceeding with this setup on a MY93 GC conversion using a MY04 STi engine. Since the harnesses are custom, there are no unused wires available for the Aqua connection, so I would like to put one or two in place now for the upcoming water injection install.

Is there a rough draft schematic available? Thanks.

Mike McBride
The hydra's output pin is not clear, but phil is working on an interfacing loom. I don't have any involvement on the pin selection.

The aquamist/hydra combination will be very powerful since the hydra will control the water map and also modifiy the timing depending on the water flow mapped and detected - it is the first time we have full control over the entire engine management.

I have been trying for many years to work with third party controllers makers and none has show enough interest or some systems just don't have the capability to do what we are trying to achieve.

Please be patient and let us do all the ground work first so you don't have to become a guinea pig in the name of progress. At present, we are trying to produce a 500whp Subie on pump fuel that run less consumption than a fuel dump engine running 300whp. The goal is not that far away.