View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Yellow RJ45 Connector & 4 way power connector

Hi Richard thanks for prompt response...

I have some diagrams of the ecu pin out but its possibly more confusing than not having one!!! ... so tapping the injector leads directly.

I'll try the 12v alternate source temporarily just make sure the mechanical part of the install is sound.

If I apply a volt meter over a tapped injector lead at idle I get 0.002v is this due to a faulty tap / connection or is it because of the intermittant pulse thats causing the volt meter not to see any signal? Ill try measure again with key ignition at pre crank...

The injectors inputs are numbered 1 and 2 (labelled on the injector), and I assumed 1 being the +ve and 2 the negative, and the volt meter seemed to confirm this as when I switched the poles around I then measured a -ve volt reading.

If I understand the connection correctly then the red wire should be connected to the injector +ve lead and the green to the other wire....

Is there any issue in using an accessory power outlet (e.g. cigarete lighter type outlet) to run the HFS6 , if it is to be used intermitently and not permanently?

Last edited by stevebez; 02-08-2010 at 11:54 AM.