View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM

I have a similar setup, with a shureflow in the trunk and the accumulator (same as yours) in the engine bay. I had to pull the accumulator out when I recently put in a front mount so I am re-doing everything.

I also have anodized aluminum fittings --- no problems on 50% -70% methanol blends.

put a restrictor in front of the gauge the shurflo has a very strong pressure surge as it pumps, that has broken gauges for at least two of us. Mine only lived for about 20 minutes.

Richard suggests threading a fine thread allen screw into the feed hose going to the gauge. There will be enough flow past the threads to register pressure but it will damp most of the surge.

As far as distance goes it all depends on how you configure the system. People that control the spray by turning on and off the pump need to have the pump close to the nozzle. If you have an accumulator in the system you can't do it that way becasue of the time delay to pressureize the accumulator.

If you are running an accumulator you usually have a solenoid to trigger the spray (as you show in your diagram). If you place that near the jets it does not matter how long the fluid path is as the fluid line will be pressurized all the time. That is the way I had mine set up. The solenoid was only inches from the jet, and the accumulator was between the solenoid and the pump with the line at full pressure all the time the car was running.

Larry