View Single Post
Old 29-07-2006, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple
...First, talking about tuning new car for WI. It has been mentioned that you want AFR about 12.5 as cars under boost run normally richer. Well here is a third gear pull of my car. It?s totally stock:
We are not talking stock cars here mate, the manufacturer has optimised all parameters during stock operation.
If you inject water on a stock car you are unlikely to make any more power. Most likely you will *lose* some.

Quote:
After 4500RPM there is boost reduction due to turbocharger going outside efficiency range....
How do you know that? Are you datalogging the solenoid's duty rate?

Quote:
Look like new cars run lean stock. My cruising AFR is 14.7@ light load(80Km/h)
That's how it's meant to be.
It is high throttle/high load conditions that AFRs are meant to go richer.
Quote:
Second, according to stock ECU knock sensor reaction KNOCK been detected throughout whole RPM range. Under knock I mean not audible knocking but early knock detection by ECU(mild knock).
Are you talking about the knock sensor output, or the ECU's interpretation of Knock? These are two different things, the sensor produces output all the time, the ECU has filtering algorythms to make sense of it all.

Quote:
...It is also noted that poor fuel quality will make it more intence as well
this is very true.
However, I doubt that you are getting any knock on a stock car running stock boost and the recommended fuel. Even if you do it will be on a very hot day and at max torque revs if you boot it real hard. The ECU will adjust timing a bit and that's that.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk